BUSINESS FUNCTION: Customer & Commercial
SALARY: £42,042 to £52,089 per annum
ROLE TYPE: Hybrid
HOURS: 37 per week
Is ensuring financial integrity ‘Your Thing’?
We are looking for a dynamic and driven individual` to fill the role of Revenue Enforcement Delivery Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Retail Operations team, to maximise revenue protection activities across Northern.
Connecting millions of people and communities across the North is our mission. With 2,500 trains a day, we connect people to jobs, friends, family, and the wonders of the North.
We're improving rail travel, enhancing the experience on board and at stations. Customers are at the heart of our business as we improve performance and create a better way to go.
We're driving economic value and sustainable growth for the North and its people. Our commitment to the environment means reducing our impact and enhancing the world around us.
Make a difference. Make it last. Make it easy. Make it happen. Make it yours. These are our values.
Ready to make them yours? Join us on this journey.
About the role:
At Northern, we are working tirelessly to improve and protect revenue activity. As the Revenue Enforcement Delivery Manager, you’ll be responsible for the professional operation of our Debt Recovery & Prosecutions Unit (DRPU) team; ensuring you and your teams focus is on maximising financial returns and efficient debt recovery processes.
You’ll develop and maintain the enforcement strategy to maximise revenue activities, reduce ticketless travel and provide customer and colleague education relating to valid tickets. As well as working closely with Northern’s appointed legal representatives, to represent our views within the judicial system and promote the importance of Northern revenue protection activities.
This role involves acting as the contract Manager for all supplier contracts within the DRPU and the third party revenue protection provider. You’ll collaborate with the Revenue Protection Manager to ensure a holistic approach to revenue protection, utilising data to drive decision making.
This is a challenging role, but it will contribute to Northern's efforts to protect company integrity and drive a more commercial and revenue-focused approach to doing business.
If this sounds like your thing, we’d love to hear from you.
You can expect a role, that is varied, challenging and rewarding in its day-to-day activities. Here is a glimpse of what those activities look like:
- Be fully proficient in relevant legislation such as Penalty Fares, Railway Byelaws, Conditions of Travel, GDPR, Customer Promise and the Regulations of Railways Act.
- Working with Northern’s appointed solicitors and barristers
- Managing within a cost budget but demonstrating opportunities for generating a return on investment for additional activity
- Producing reports on KPI’s and target delivery, working closely with the Retail and Revenue Analyst who will support data production.
- Analysing daily, weekly and periodic revenue and other KPI’s to maximise team performance.
- Communicating to the business regarding the quality and volume of inputs to the DRPU, highlighting where improvements are required.
- Undertaking audits and other associated checks to ensure compliance with relevant company procedures along with any applicable legislation
- Providing management support, and revenue protection activity, for special events.
- Providing a key contribution to the development and transformation of Revenue Protection activity, both within own team and within the wider Retail Operations team.
- Creating and maintaining effective and meaningful Trade Union relationships, along with legal and criminal enforcement agencies to drive down the cost of revenue recovery.
- Ensuring third party resources are deployed during times of service disruption in order to maintain high levels of customer service.
You’ll bring a wealth of essential experience to the table, making you the driving force for DRPU and wider revenue protection activity. You’ll be adept at collaboration and influence, combined with a natural ability to communicate important and detailed information effortlessly. As well as having meticulous attention to detail, enhanced by your extensive experience managing teams.
We’re also looking for the following:
- Significant experience within a Revenue / Debt Recovery department
- A drive to deliver continuous improvement and a strong return on investment
- Strong numerical skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office products, analytical and statistical techniques
- Experienced line manager/mentoring of others
- Experience of working in commercial roles within the rail industry
- Understanding of relevant industry legislation
- Detailed understanding of railway geography
- Contract management experience
Because we value our people and reward hard work, we’ve created a benefits package that we think you’ll love. So, you’ll be able to make the most of:
- Opportunities to progress and grow - including comprehensive training schemes and a range of online learning courses.
- Cycle to Work Scheme - save up to 42% on the cost of a bike, while also spreading your payments throughout the year.
- Free Travel on Northern services - everyone who works at Northern, plus their partners/spouses and dependents, can travel for free right across our full network of services. *Certain eligibility criteria will apply.
- 75% discount with other Train Operating Companies - after 2 years with us, you’ll also get discounted travel on many other rail services in the UK and Europe.
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme - you’ll rarely find a pension as good as a Northern pension, and we top up your pension with a generous 1.5 times your contribution.
- Maternity and Paternity Benefits - we go above and beyond the standard, and mums can enjoy 9 months’ maternity leave on full pay while dads can make the most of 2 weeks’ paternity leave on full pay.
- Exclusive benefits with Northern Perks - enjoy retail discounts, instant vouchers, cashback, wellbeing support and much more.
You can find out more here.
Please note that Northern reserves the right to close recruitment for this role before the published closing date if high volumes of applications are received.
However, if you miss the application window for this particular role, please keep checking back for other opportunities. We are always on the lookout for great people to join the Northern Team!
We’re an equal opportunities employer and a promoter of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of gender, sex, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability, or sexual orientation.
We also have Disability Confident status, which means we’re committed to making the most of the talents that disabled people can bring to the workplace.